Friday, January 20, 2023

stress less: i'm liking being an art major

Welp, I chose to not do ceramics AND not work out. I opted instead to complete the simple task of driving to the college bookstore after work to buy the art kit for my 2-D design class and then return and pick up books at the library. Then I stopped at the produce store for tangerines, red leaf lettuce, and Romaine lettuce. No stress. No ensuing mishaps.     

How awesome to not buy a boring textbook. Art supplies make me happy. But first dinner. I washed and spun dry the lettuces. Hugged and kissed my dog and told Patrick that dinner was DIY, but that I was more than happy to grill him a crab, Swiss, avocado sandwich too. No thanks, he said and then cooked himself zucchini ravioli with pesto sauce and garlic bread. The Ravioli House here in San Mateo makes one of our most favorite convenient foods. I dressed what was left of the last bunch of red leaf lettuce in the fridge in balsamic vinaigrette and spooned some orange and fennel slaw on to a plate. I then chopped a scallion and combined it with mayonnaise and crab meat and spooned it on a slice of sourdough. I sliced an avocado and then layered it with a slice of Swiss on to the other slice of sourdough. Butter, grill until golden brown and done.
After dinner, I opened my art kit. I wonder if the butcher tray is for the gouache paints. Or maybe I use the artist tape to tape mixed media paper into the tray and use the gouache. I already dug into the course which is all online by introducing myself and looking at his "lecture" notes appended with lots of illustrations and embedded with videos from KQED art school and the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco--all sustaining my attention and fueling enthusiasm. 
I'm excited and nervous (a blank white page still intimidates me), and so this weekend will be about ruminating and starting an Art 300 assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment