Sunday, June 14, 2020

Quarantine Cooking: Back to the Rotation

I "shopped" my freezer and took out cross cut spare ribs originally intended for adobo and decided to boil, slather with barbecue sauce and bake. I fried the rest of the bacon and boiled the pork ribs, reserving the bacon fat and the broth for something else later, taking up more real estate in the fridge much to the annoyance of the hubs.

I "bought" from my freezer a bag of frozen peas.
I chopped red onion, water chestnuts, sugar snap peas, the bacon and then combined it all with the thawed green peas and mayonnaise and salt and pepper into a Broadway Pea Salad.
I "shopped" my fridge for the leftover potato salad I made to eat with our hot dogs for dinner earlier in the week.
I was worried that the spare ribs were dry because the sauce was no longer shiny and turned matte in the oven.
But the meat was actually soft, tender and unctuous and delicious and equally delicious were the sides of pea salad and potato salad. Mayo, in this case, makes everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment