Thursday, June 18, 2020

Quarantine Routine: A Sandwich

I'll be remotely working because of the pandemic from June 19th to the 25th instead of traveling and readjusting my circadian rhythms to another time zone and then staying up and not sleeping because of work preoccupations as well as my body clock being maladjusted. I'm going to miss that work perk of a hotel room all to myself where I come home to a made up bed and tidied room, meals I don't have to prep and execute served at a convention center or hotel restaurant, and most of all, running to relieve the stress of sitting and reading and evaluating, followed by long, leisurely swimming at the Marriott rooftop pool. I'm going to pretend that's what my work life will be even though I'll be at home in my tiny condo, using my bedroom as my work station. Therefore, I anticipate not having the time or energy to cook. Luckily, I love just a sandwich for lunch. My favorite is mortadella, provolone, pesto, mayo, pepperoncini, dill pickle, red onion, lettuce and tomato on a bolilo or telera. 
Yup, I could eat a sandwich every day and will.

No comments:

Post a Comment