Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Quarantine Cooking: Burger Night followed by Meatless Monday

Still shopping my freezer and found hamburger patties I had made a week ago--one for the hubs, one for me and one for the dog--and found two brioche buns in the bread drawer. Time to make myself a sidecar cocktail.
I never tire of charcoal grilling.
Swiss for me, cheddar for the hubs, plus lots of red onion sliced from our garden and paleo for the girl.
I'm very practiced at burger night. Five to seven minutes on one side to sear. Then flip and cover and finish cooking for three to five minutes, depending on how medium rare you like your meat. I love watching the smoke too wisp out of the air holes.
Delicious food makes me happy.
The next day it was time to further shop my fridge and use the green bell pepper, cucumbers and more red onion brought home from the garden by the hubs, and use the last tomato on my counter for a Greek salad.
Oh my gosh supermarket tomatoes are tasteless. Thank goodness for salt, excellent extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar and oregano from the garden which the hubs dried and hung next to our braided bunches of garlic. I also added the grilled red bell peppers from last week and some red cherry peppers for more red color and vitamin C to offset the awful tomato. And Kalamata olives and feta cheese for more delicious salty bite. I decided to puree the grilled eggplant I had made along with the red bell pepper with leftover tahini miso lime dip, some more tahini, cumin, ground coriander, Aleppo pepper, lots of fresh squeezed lemon juice, and a sprinkling of chopped mint to make a baba ghanoush to accompany leftover hummus and dolmas and my awesome Greek salad.
And of course I made the same for a neighbor. And was happy yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment