Thursday, June 4, 2020

Quarantine Cooking: Leftovers

After a laborious day of work and sweating in this hot weather, all I had the energy to do was to cook leftovers. I had cherry tomatoes about to get dried, which I sliced in half and salted and then nestled burrata within and sprinkled with snipped basil leaves to make a Caprese salad. I was out of balsamic vinegar and made do with Spanish vinegar instead.
I bought a dollar bag of yellow squash and sliced a couple for sauteeing with garlic and red pepper flakes and salt in olive oil.
Finally I boiled up the rest of the spaghetti I had left and tossed the hot pasta with leftover marinara and meatballs and toasted a couple of French brioche rolls with butter and galic. Satisfying. And now I'm thinking of bacon and artichoke pizza to use up the other ball of burrata.

No comments:

Post a Comment