Thursday, June 4, 2020

Quarantine Eating: Dithering over Dessert

I saw these cookies at Costco a few days ago and almost bought them. They're the cookies served on airline flights for American and Alaska Airlines, and I always ask the stewardess for an extra pack. They're awesome later in my hotel room with a vodka shot or bourbon neat or a cup of dishwater coffee. But looking at them makes me sad that I won't be traveling this summer, and so I refrained from buying these spicy snap cookies.
Instead I opted to stop at the bakery near my house, open from Wednesday through Saturday for take-out, to purchase my favorite strawberry rhubarb pie.
Oh my. It was tart. But I do love pie crust.
I remembered the whipped cream in my fridge and went out to my little strawberry patch to pluck a berry for last night's slice of pie. T'was delish y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment