Thursday, June 18, 2020

Quarantine Drinking: The Coy Mistress

I've become my own mixologist. The other night I riffed on the Sidecar. 
However, I don't have a cocktail shaker, which is okay as I am trying to cut down on my alcohol intake and water my drinks down with ice cubes and sparkling water. For the cocktail above, I swapped out the lemon juice for fresh squeezed orange juice. Instead of simple syrup, I used passion fruit syrup. The usual cognac and orange liqueur plus sparkling passion fruit water to spritz. Go read "To His Coy Mistress" by Andrew Marvell, my favorite seduction or carpe diem poem by my one of my favorite metaphysical poets. He and John Donne. Yes, I think of this drink and the passion fruit as a very shy virgin with her citrusy notes, but whose sweetness is worth the pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment