Thursday, June 18, 2020

Quarantine Cooking: Grill Duty

The other night I had hoped to make my husband's favorite shoestring, double fried, french fries. Nope. They were an epic fail. Thank goodness the steak was delicious. The hubs had picked up prime thick rib eyes at the warehouse store, one of which I had thawed and covered with garlic confit and rosemary. 
While I was first frying the shoestring fries and letting the steam drive off, I made my horseradish, lemon (both zest and juice), chive sour cream.
And then instructed the husband to conduct the second frying, so I could grill the meat. An ex-boyfriend introduced me to the use of a charcoal starter. He used an electric rod to fire up the coals, but I like wadding up a brown paper grocery bag and lighting a match instead.
Fifteen briquets are enough to grill just one steak.
Yeah, I'll be putting the hubs on dinner duty when I work this coming week.
Thankfully, he has cooked dinner before, and I anticipate he'll be grilling steaks and roasting rosemary potatoes and hamburgers. And maybe spaghetti. And maybe I'll give him instructions on how to cook his mother's macaroni and cheese if I don't make the casserole ahead of time. Roasted chicken thighs will be another easy dinner to prepare and accompany his favorite mac 'n cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment