Friday, January 1, 2021

Christmas Weekend: Crafting and Critters

I had a fun Saturday working with Sandstone Buff and my favorite clay texture of ocean waves after a noneventful Christmas Day. But boring is good, right? Especially in this pandemic. I made a salt crock. And a seafaring mug.


I'd also recently received a Christmas card from my elderly friend, Donna, where she mentioned that she didn't go to her son's home in Austin. All this time, I thought she was hunkered down with her family in Texas for the holiday, she was actually alone. And so I suggested to my friend Meral to go visit her with me after our Saturday clay making on an early Sunday afternoon. And so I spent that morning making mulled wine for me and Meral and mulled cider for Donna. Super easy. Just heat the contents of a 750 ml bottle of red wine (I used a cab syrah) with two cups of apple cider, a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of honey, orange and lemon slices, a few cloves, star anise and cinnamon sticks. The same for the cider minus the wine and honey. I also made ham sandwiches from my leftover Christmas feast.


It was a glorious sunny afternoon on Donna's deck.
We sipped our warm drinks, ate lunch and gazed at the San Bruno Mountains. And then I came home to my girl.


The little hussy seemed to delight in turning her turtleneck, first into an off the shoulder top, and then into a tube top much to my delight. And now it's the week before New Year's Day and on to sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment