Monday, January 11, 2021

Cooking: Fajitas

I was never really into fajitas, and the last time I cooked the dish, I cooked the peppers and onions atop my bbq grill along with steak. Disastrous as the oil on the vegetables caused flames and they then tasted like lighter fluid. And so this time around, I still grilled the flat iron steak in my Weber, but I sautéed the bell peppers and onions in my cast iron on my stove top.

And maybe because I love Mission-style burritos because I love refried beans, I'm not as fond of their cousins, fajitas. However, this time, though I didn't have charro beans and yellow rice to eat alongside, I had lots of condiments of guacamole and sour cream and salsa to put into my fajita made with my favorite brand of tortillas.
What a difference.
Usually the hubs adds cheese to his tacos, for which I usually use corn tortillas. I noticed this time, he didn't add cheese like he does with tacos. And those other condiments made a difference and made me enjoy Southwestern cuisine more.

No comments:

Post a Comment