Sunday, January 24, 2021

Life is Too Short for not Shucking & Slurping Oysters

This past Thursday I received the last of my 3-month subscription to oysters from Hog Island, which nixed my plans to make a new leftover to eat the next week. And luckily I got the notice from FedEx that they were coming, and so I bought a fresh boule to consume them with.

Before I even opened the box, I started chopping shallots to make the mignonette. And then glanced at what species was sent for January.
The hubs' favorite oysters are from Washington: Hama Hama and Kumamoto. And so I knew he would love these Chelsea Gems. Sure enough he declared them the best of the three. And so I shucked two dozen for our dinner that night. And almost forgot to remove the baguette from the oven.

And called the hubs to dinner while slicing the bread and bringing out the shallot and black pepper in champagne vinegar.
And suddenly remembered to also bring out horseradish and slice lemon wedges.
OMG. They were fantastic. And of course, I had to open my favorite Chardonnay at the moment.

And so Friday night I ate the last dozen, which again were wondrous. Especially with my favorite Chardonnay.
Golly I love oysters. They are such a treat. While the hubs is relieved that our subscription is up, I will more than likely subscribe again next winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment