Monday, January 11, 2021

Cooking: Fish, And It's All about the Peanut Dipping Sauce

I've been craving leafy greens and also fish. I dashed to my warehouse and Japanese grocery store for a couple of poke and sushi lunches. Found kimchi and sake in my fridge and pantry.

I had also been wanting tuna salad.
And my tuna fish sandwich has me wanting to cook a scratch-made tuna casserole with a roux of butter and cream, green peas, onion, celery, and more of that wonderful tuna packed in olive oil. Next week methinks. I also had some poached shrimp in the fridge. My usual go-to of spring salad shrimp rolls wrapped in rice paper. Thai chili pepper, green onion, shrimp of course, basil and mint leaves and lots of cilantro. But with Asian shrimp rolls, you gotta have a delicious dipping sauce: peanut butter, coconut vinegar, soy sauce, mirin, and coconut milk, lime, calamansi and garlic. 
And while I'm at it, zest the lime with ginger and add palm sugar and Sriracha and fish sauce to the dip too. Lip-smacking tasty.
And the madness for fish and shellfish ain't over. My last shipment of oysters is coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment