Saturday, January 30, 2021

Cooking: Another Meatless Meal

I'm trying to cook more vegan and vegetarian and let those menus escape notice of the hubs. Last night's plant forward meal were the scraps of spinach and mushroom in my veggie bin and pie crust as well as eggs to use up from the last two dozen I bought. I need to figure out how to make a light and high custard on my quiches.

And whew does my salad dressing have bite because of all the Colman's dried mustard I put into it, which I think I'll lighten up by adding more walnut oil and sweet balsamic vinegar.

My quiche garnered no complaint, but no compliment either. I do have some mole sauce leftover from last week, which the hubs seemed to enjoy and said was good. But I am remembering the chicken I have still from that mole which I had intended to cook into an Indian or Thai curry, and so stay tuned for tonight's dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment