Monday, January 11, 2021

Style: Pre-pandemic and Pandemic

Prior to lockdown in March of last year, my outfits were always pretty casual even for a teacher librarian. I usually wore jeans and a top--sometimes plain, sometimes embellished with feminine details like a tiny ruffle trim and darts or bell sleeves or in floral or fun polka dot print, booties but sometimes sneakers and backpack. But jeans are not comfortable really especially if they make you look good. I discovered leggings. Omigosh they're presently and will always be my go-to for bottom wear. And my low booties or knee-high leather boots coordinated well with them as with jeans. 

When the pandemic hit, I basically stopped wearing jeans and wore either leggings or yoga pants or athletic workout pants for running or the gym. And t-shirts or hoodies, but sometimes sweaters and still athletic footwear. But there are days where I wear my running shoes instead of my street shoes from Adidas and Puma . I don't think I've worn my leather or suede booties for at least a year. 
But my look is getting sloppy. And so I bought a new tote from Portland Leather.
I love my new purse, which is forcing me to abandon the backpack and winnow down the stuff I bring in addition to keys, phone and wallet. It just plainly ups my style quotient. And so my new year's resolution is to start wearing booties and scarves again and less schlumpy sweaters and tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment