Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Cooking: Meatless Monday Meal

I continued loading two kilns yesterday: green ware and glaze. However, I'll re-do the green ware kiln and remove that shelf with kiln wash and replace it with a shelf without so I can load more green ware into it.

And because I have no Zoom meetings after school, I can spend some extra time in the kitchen with new recipes. I had bought some Impossible burger patties (12 ounces) on sale and decided to make them into meatballs. I put a 1/4 cup of panko with a couple tablespoons of milk to soak in a bowl for five minutes and then added minced garlic, 1/8 cup grated Romano pecorino cheese, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, thyme, and an egg to bind it all together. I wish I had added grated onion and oregano because I did not like the processed smell of this analog meat. I then put the fake meatballs in the freezer to chill and started stuffed mushrooms by combining Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan, minced garlic, chopped parsley--same concept but with mushrooms as a vehicle for the starch. Next time I'll soak the breadcrumbs in milk and maybe use an egg to hold the filling together. I preheated my oven to 400 degrees and put the mushrooms to cook and started frying the "meat"balls. I did not like the smell of the frying Impossible product. It smelled like plastic to me. But I followed through on this meal.
Honestly, my spaghetti was delicious without the fake meatballs because I sprinkled Parmesan and Pecorino Romano and drizzled a fruity California olive oil. I won't buy analog meat again. I'd rather make my own version of Boca burgers or come up with my own version of a good vegetarian burger patty made with black beans and walnuts and actual vegetables like mushrooms and spinach and lots of herbs as well as onion and garlic. 
Hubs at least said he liked the stuffed mushrooms, and we both love spaghetti even without the ground beef or Italian sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment