Sunday, July 12, 2020

Quarantine Cooking & Corresponding: Seafood Meal Repeat & the Art of Snail Mail

I finally ate the rest of the crab. A sandwich at lunch, and squid ink spaghetti with shellfish last night. Yeah I stopped at the grocery store and bought more mussels and clams, and this time scallops. I took out the rest of the crab, the extra seafood broth, the leftover seafood pasta, went out into the garden and snipped more chives and parsley, found a stub of lemon, and boiled a little more squid pasta (mistake).
And wondered if I could do moderation and uncorked a new bottle of Chardonnay.
I simmered the leftover seafood broth and added a little cream. I knew there was going to be more liquid to it when I added the seafood.
And so I took out cornstarch and stirred up a teeny bit of slurry.
The slurry made the broth the thicker at a perfect viscosity, and then I put the shellfish into the broth.
Umm, yeah there was again more broth, a little too much for the pasta, and my plate below was way too much for one person. Leftover seafood pasta again, but at least the crab is done.
My brother's birthday is this week, and I found him the perfect card from me to him. And wrote him and his wife a newsy little letter about life for us during a pandemic. I think birthday e-cards are so lame.
And mailed his card to him in San Diego. It's totally okay that my family doesn't write me back. I've at least tried to maintain some kind of connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment