Monday, July 6, 2020

Quarantine Crafting: Flower Arranging and Quilting

Both the hubs and I are into picking flowers and then arranging them into a pleasing bouquet. I think there must be at least 6 tussie-mussies or giant bunches of blooms and greenery in various rooms of our condo. Yesterday felt a bit like a contest.
He called my bouquet grandmotherly, and I thought his bouquet too showy and flash in the pan. You definitely see the differences in taste in the color palettes: deep pinks counterbalanced by lavender and pale pink VERSUS flames of crimson, orange, yellow counterbalanced by peach tones. However, for both of us, flower arranging is fun AND meditative.

I also pulled out rows of blocks I probably finished at least 2 years ago when I was in my ROYBGIV phase. I brought it to work where I have tables big enough to quilt this mother. My co-worker, Malak oohed and aahed over it, and I think my other co-worker, Michaela will be pleased by this gift.



No comments:

Post a Comment