Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Quarantining: Sewing and Seafood

I went into the workplace of my day job to quilt today. Seriously, my library has more square footage than my condo. And so having two tables butted up against each other to fit a queen size quilt and a handy dandy cart to tote my iron and ironing pad around the table to press my sewing flat is SO convenient.
I kept looking in my attachments and sewing bag for my walking foot and couldn't find it and thought, okay then I'll just finish piecing together blocks for another unfinished object or UFO, one I call "No Shrinking Violet." DOH. The walking foot was already on my sewing machine. I got the purple rows done for the other quilt and decided to also finish it via QAG (Quilt as you Go) row by row.
And so I set aside the purple rows and started in on ROYBGIV. I had baste pinned the blue row, and then started on the end with the red row. Here's today's quilting below. Half of the red row stitched. Six and half more rows to go.
Today was my last day of sewing.....for the week. My friend, Malak lets me into the library which I'm using as my sewing studio this summer. She leaves for a mini vacation tomorrow and Friday, and so I decided to take a 4 day break from quilting. And stopped by the supermarket and marveled at all the seafood now available since the supply chain corrected in this pandemic. I love white anchovies.
And in the frozen section of the seafood aisle were these frozen mussels, frozen clams and a shellfish medley on sale. YES. My seafood paella will be fucking amaze balls. I also picked up shrimp, clams and mussels in the shells to go with the crab for my seafood pasta tonight from the fresh fish counter:) I would so go pescatarian if the husband didn't mind so much fish in the diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment