Saturday, June 5, 2021

Ceramics: Jewelry Sets

Last summer I sewed a couple quilts in one of my closed for the summer libraries, and so I was hoping to do the same in my other school library. But it looks like I’ll be unable to sew for the month of July. I’ve offloaded my ceramic and sewing tools and supplies to school, and may have to resort to my other creative outlets of jewelry making and aquarelle.                              

I love how these floral jewelry dishes for the grandnieces turned out, and so I’ll be making delicate charm necklaces to go into them.
However, necklaces with the above pendants might be too heavy for their little necks though I’ve got to use the pendants with the bunnies (or maybe make a collection of pendants for just children necklaces?). I was perhaps going to crochet Swarovski Crystal beads in their birthstone colors into silk thread and then attach to a thin leather cord to pull over their necks. A delicate chain too with just a few metal charms incorporating cute ceramic beads would look maybe lovelier. I think I’ll work with some frost porcelain to make glass inlaid hearts and then pair them with a circlet with their names hammered into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment