Thursday, June 17, 2021

Sewing: Woof Woof Stuffed Toy and a Liberty Lawn Half Triangles Quilt

I think I bought this panel yardage of Stacey Hsu's Woof Woof a few years ago, intending to either sew it for an ex-boyfriend's niece's babies and then later changing my mind to sew for my own new grandnieces. Thank goodness for the visuals and explicit directions in this YouTube tutorial because I wouldn't have been able to sew from the written directions and pictorial examples on the panel.    

Just like my previous Chihuahua, Elmo, my present owner Sadie does not like me sewing. She'll trail my heels from room to room. And then she'll hop up on a living room chair and follow me with her eyes back and forth between my dining table where I cut my fabric and my bedroom desk where I sew.

                                                                
Sunday was also a day for leftovers like these roast beef and Swiss and arugula pinwheels for lunch.                              
And later for dinner, I put the rest of the Dungeness crab and more mahi-mahi into the smoky fish chowder, which we ate with the fresh loaf of sourdough from Cecilia.       
I can’t believe the weekend is already over, and today I promised an elderly friend that I would top off the branches of her Meyer lemon tree and then accompany her to Clay Planet. I’ve yet to decide what color clay I want to buy. I kinda wish I had rolled more slabs of Bmix at school. For sure, I’ve got to get on campus to start quilting this mermaid throw.                                  
This huge table makes stitching the sandwich so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment