Monday, June 7, 2021

Cooking: Spaghetti and Meatballs

Another standby that hubs always likes and when I can't think of what to cook for dinner is spaghetti and meatballs. However, I've never been able to cook decent meatballs, and so it's the one recipe I don't cook and resort to a frozen product. Seriously, the frozen meatballs I've bought either from Trader Joe's or Carando's or whatever brand the supermarket carries is much more delicious than any meatballs I could ever make, and believe me I've tried. I've gone out of my way to buy ground beef, ground pork (but not veal, nope can't do it)and grate onion and garlic and soaked bread in milk to incorporate into the ball, and it's always just been meh. 

Italian American meals are where I take other shortcuts like frozen garlic bread and bagged lettuce and bottled dressing and boxed croutons though I'll cut the lettuce myself and use actual shaved Parmesan and not the powder stuff when making a Caesar salad. At least, I'll chiffonade basil to top my pasta and marinara. And thank goodness it's leftover in the fridge for the hubs to eat when I want to experiment and cook Thai or eat sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment