Thursday, June 10, 2021

Quilting: Mendocino Mermaids Quilt Top Is DONE

The top is done, but not the quilt. However, that's a huge partial finish, given how long it took me to make all those ocean wave blocks.I thought I was going to add more border of creamsicle fabric to surround these strips from Heather Ross’s line called Mendocino, but decided it would then look goofy. But now in looking at the pic below, maybe it needs some expansive space around it to break up the busyness. No, go with it. Done is better than perfect. And I've got its sister quilt to complete next though I do want to get started on the Liberty Lawn prints that I'll be sewing up into half square triangles as well medium and small triangle corner blocks with the natural Kona fabric I recently unearthed in my stash.             
Today I’m headed to school library to trim Mendocino Mermaids' creamsicle colored fabric backing and then pin baste this bad girl sandwich. I was thinking that I would just stitch in the ditch the border and then stitch meandering lines in the middle strips unless I find another stitch pattern I like better in Jacqui Gering’s Walk 2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment