Monday, June 7, 2021

Cooking: Salmon Benedict

I had leftover Swiss chard and herbs and feta AND smoked salmon from dinner as well as one English muffin. Eggs Benedict baby!

Okay all those ingredients don't look very pretty or appetizing, but trust me they're delicious and would be even more so with hollandaise and a poached egg.
Oh geez, the Hollandaise was not easy, and it looks congealed or curdled in the pic above, but the poached egg was perfect I tell you. Here's the trick: crack your egg into a colander and let all the water drain from it before sliding it into the boiling water with vinegar.
And I know my Hollandaise will be better next time. I read a tip somewhere to heat the egg yolk before adding cold butter to it. I did the opposite on this dish, and so I'll research and experiment to make a more fail-safe Hollandaise. My salmon benedict was still delicious if not pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment