Sunday, June 20, 2021

Cook: “Lite” Tacos

Poultry, pescatarian and vegan tacos and lots and lots of raw salads comprised the meal of last night’s birthday party. I made Curtido or Salvadorean coleslaw the day before by slicing red cabbage, green cabbage, carrots, white onion, jalapeno, serrano on a mandoline. And added olive oil and apple cider vinegar before serving.      
And Cecilia went to town on the grill with chicken she had marinated in orange and lime juices and Mexican spices and tomatillos and green onions to be folded into a tortilla with avocado and red salsa. The chicken tacos at this bbq were my absolute favorite.
Cecilia had also marinated portobello mushrooms for a vegan taco. Not my favorite, but mushrooms are growing on me again. I like mushrooms again, perhaps not in tacos but in Northern European recipes.
Lastly, she grilled shrimp that a neighbor marinated.
And I was so happy today for leftovers because again I could eat tacos every day.                         
Tacos. Every. Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment