Thursday, June 24, 2021

Clay: Putter and Play

Yesterday for ceramics club, I had no plan for what I was going to do in Zan’s classroom, nor knew that it was going to happen because I didn’t even bring my tool bag.


I was finishing up my daily 5 mile loop when Zan messaged me that she was on her way to clay club. I intended to just deliver greenware to campus, but ended up loading it all into the bisque kiln. And afterward I used slab roller, rolling pins, cookie cutters, rubber stamps, needle and loop tools and slab roller to make little heart-shaped jewelry dishes and pendants.            


I also played with a plaster cast that Erika had made of a TV dinner tray—I might use it to hold food sculpture but it could also turn into a trinket tray. I also remembered to take out of plastic, the paintbrush vessel I made a couple weeks ago. I gotta remember to bring to the studio my plaster mold of a Patty Pan squash and the Oriental slip and finally make some vases with it. And plan and sketch the lamp I’m going to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment