Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Zine: Happy Summer

During quarantine last spring and summer, I was making various zines for grandnephew and grandnieces besides the quilts and salt crocks—some of which I still need to gift and will resume making salt crocks this summer. This time I’ll put a flange inside the crock and make a lid that fits over the flange.... but I digress. This summer with quarantine lifted, I’ve still yet to meet up with family. They’re in Disneyland, and in the meantime, I made zines for them to further welcome summer and in order for me to get back into sketching and doodling.

I didn't get as detailed with instructions or drawings like I've done in past zines.
 

and the next page, not included here are instructions to put the popsicles in the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight. And then a message that if they can't wait that long, to go bug their parents to take them to an ice cream shop, which I thought would be a cruel injunction without $ to go buy a cone. Or water balloons to pelt each other.


I've still yet to mail them...waiting for the kiddos to come back from Disneyland. And so back to clay and seeking the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment