Monday, June 21, 2021

Cook: Eggs Benedict

From Friday night baking, I had six egg yolks I didn’t want to waste, which meant I needed to continue perfecting my Eggs Benedict.                                        
I made the hollandaise sauce perfectly (but then ruined it—to be explained later)and cracked two eggs in the strainer to drain their water from the whites.                                 
I put my English muffins in the oven to toast. And got my water simmering and then layered thin slices of honeyed ham over my toasted muffins. 

My sauce wasn’t thick enough and so I cranked the heat and continued whisking and had it a perfect velvet consistency. But then I had to reheat the sauce and mistakenly added a little water. And kept whisking and broke it. Aaaargh.
              
My poached eggs, however, came out perfect.           
I went with it. I spooned my broken Hollandaise sauce over the ham and then some more on the poached eggs.


 
And of course, minced chives for a pop of green.
Despite the broken sauce, it was yummy. But I've been on the search for a fool proof mother sauce recipe. Here's one. And a Sunday morning repeat.                     


No comments:

Post a Comment