Monday, June 7, 2021

Cooking: Salmon Grilled on a Cedar Plank

Aargh, I ended up going to Sur la Table and buying more cedar planks because I hadn't realized that I already had them in my cupboard. Oh well. In the morning, I set the plank in a sheet pan of water though you could also do so only an hour before grilling. And prior to the meal, I got ready the leftover buttered corn and the tomato salad as well as seasoning the beautiful, wild-caught Alaskan salmon filets and slathering them with butter.

The coals had already a thick layer of ash and might've been halfway burned down which made for a longer cook time for the salmon. Tis a beautiful sight--the smoke escaping from the vent holes after flavoring the salmon. Later on in the cooking I slathered teriyaki sauce atop the salmon skin and then dinner was served.
Nothing heralds summer more to me than this meal of salmon, corn, and tomatoes. Okay the tomatoes weren't from our garden, but that's coming in July. And I no longer bother putting burrata or bocconcini or turning the tomatoes into a Caprese salad. Salt, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and a sprinkling of chiffonade of basil are all that's necessary for a satisfying tomato salad.
Hubs did say that the salmon was a bit overcooked, and so next time I'll cook the salmon for 8 minutes rather than 10 minutes. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment